What a year! The 14th Annual Christmas in the Kitchen raised and donated $15,622.50!! This was evenly split between Join Hands of East St. Louis and Annie Malones Children and Family Services, based here in St. Louis. Thank you everyone who came, and donated, and shopped at our silent auction! The auction brought in almost three thousand dollars, and the magic stockings were truly magic! - They came back to me with $1502.83 in them!! Wow! The BEST yet on both!! Last year we donated 14,400.00, so we definitely beat that!! (smile)
A very special delivery!! Sara Lahman, CEO of Annie Malones Children and Family Services receiving $7,811.25 from Mitzi for Christmas in the Kitchen 2018.
Received and much appreciated!! Sheila Burton, Director of Join Hands ESL receiving $7,811.25 from Mitzi for Christmas in the Kitchen 2018.
Mitzi with her mentees...two amazing young ladies in the Dream Path Program at Join Hands ESL., and Sheila Burton at the Ubuntu Center for Peace in East St. Louis.
Christmas in the Kitchen's Wonderful Sponsors:
Representing World Wide Technologys
Thank you to all our wonderful sponsors!! We couldn't do this without you!! Steward Family Foundation
The O'Brien Law Firm
Dr. Susan Laws
1st Mid America Credit Union
Jim Campbell Photography
The Scottish Arms
St. Louis Irish Arts
St. Louis Tionol/ The Mullins Family
The Scottish Partnership for Arts and Education
Thank you to our wonderul auction donors! World Wide Technology
The Scottish Arms
Jim Campbell photography - (who also donated the beautiful eagle photograph for a lucky veteran)
The MagicLand Treehouse
Joan Marie Art
Cindy Lucas Gram
Richard Skow Watercolor Art
St. Louis Tionol
St. Louis Irish Arts
David B. Milford - artist
Bette and Renato Cataldo
Center for Spiritual Living
Travelling Tea in Maplewood
Special Thanks to these wonderful businesses of Old Town St. Charles! They really came through and helped me make this auction a success, especially Brenda and Patrice of Butterfly and Moon! These businesses are all on Main Street, please go and see them! What wonderful stores and owners! - Butterfly and Moon
- 337 - La Roserie
- The Neighborhood
- Eden Jewels
- Centuries Past Antiques AND HUGE THANK-YOU's for a successful show!! I couldn't do it without everyone's help! Thank you to:
Kateri Myer of Travelling Tea for donating your time and making your delicious Scottish Breakfast Tea and Red Berries chilled tea.
- my sister in law - Claudia Laws for being our wonderful hostess once again, and for all your delicous baking!
- forever to Ann Getz for supervising the whole business end of the show! I couldn't do this show without you!! - Marilyn McCarthy and the Canadian Book Club for running the auction. Absolutely Huge!! - to ALL the cookie makers! Claudia Laws, Nancy Laws, Lisa Laws, Deb Martin, and Sharon Book Special thanks to various members of the Laws Family that show up every year to make this show a success!! - to Marian Rein for creating/donating our beautiful poster once again! - to Ken Martin for donating your services with your wonderful music during the auction, and for your special song in the show! - to Tim Mead, Bridgette Kossor, Anna Allen-Laws and Andre Cataldo for donating your time and your special performances! - Dan Jackson, our wonderful Scottish Santa!! , - Huck Patterson and the Printing Source for donating the printing of the posters! - Jim Campbell for your wonderful photography once again!
- Andrew Laws for Tech Support.
- to Tim Albert and The Sheldon Concert Hall for welcoming us every year, and treating us so well! - to Music Folk, Butterfly and Moon, Center for Spiritual Living, and Laws Dental for being ticket outlets!
- Doogie Armstrong for video recording.
- Willa and Walter Volz of 'Bluegrass Breakdown' KDHX radio, for your support in getting the word out. - Tornatores Catering for feeding the performers and workers backstage - Helen Gannon and the dancers of St. Louis Irish Arts
- Sandra Brown and the dancers of Dance Caledonia.
And last but not least,
Thank you to the band members of Keltic Reign, who begin to work on the show in September - Randy Getz, Michael Levine, my daughters Holly and Ashby Laws, my son Andrew, and of course, their father, and my wonderful husband, who does so much to make ALL this happen, and for 14 years has taken our kitchen table to the Sheldon, along with all the gear, and instruments!